Visitors are very welcome to walk with the Galway Walking Club as a guest – please read below regarding VISITORS and if you wish to join please read below JOINING.
Please read the WALK GUIDELINES SECTION and note the following:
- There is a fee of €10 per walk for guest walkers for Rambles and Hills, and €5 per walk for Short Walks up to a maximum of 3 walks. After that a visitor must join.
- If Guests are going on a Hill Walk they must have a good level of fitness for climbing. Hills are usually around 700 metres with rough, boggy terrain to navigate. This is particularly important in the winter months where the daylight hours are short. Walking boots (preferable grade-3 season and upwards) and the correct clothing are essential. It is preferable that first time hill-walkers contact the Club first. Please email the secretary email@example.com
- Guests are requested to read the Walk Guidelines Section of the Website and to adhere to the requirements, in particular regarding equipment and what to bring on the day i.e. change of clothes, lunch etc.
- Car Pooling takes place, but visitors may have to drive themselves to the venue. €5.00pp is collected for petrol and given to the driver.
Visitors to this web site are reminded that hill walking, climbing and rambling are activities that can be dangerous and may result in personal injury or death. Participants should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions and involvement.” (Mountaineering Ireland)
Please see Membership Page re fees and if you wish to join the club you can either:
– Come along to the next meeting in Tonerys – (see home page for date and time) or send the application form along with a Cheque made out to the Galway Walking Club, C/O Tonerys Bar, Bohermore, Galway.
– Join at the Omniplex on the day you are walking. If possible please bring along the completed application form.
We always meet at the Omniplex (IMC Cinema) on the Headford Road – on the day of the Rambles we meet at 9.45am and on the day of Hillwalks we meet at 8.45am. Car pooling takes place and €5.00 is collected from everyone and then depending on how many passengers the petrol money is given to the driver.