Welcome to the website for the Galway Walking Club.
For people who are interested to join the club – please feel free to come along to our next meeting – details are below. Otherwise please have a look at the Joining the Club/Visitors Page and Walks Page which sets out our schedule for the year. Alternatively you can email our Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Next Club Meeting: Thursday May 28th 2015 at 8.30pm in Tonerys Bar, Bohermore. All are welcome. People who are interested to join can come along and have a chat with club members on the night.
Next GWC Walks (see walks section for more details)
- Short Walk: Sunday 24th – Newquay – Leader Eileen Letsome
- A Hillwalk: Sunday May 24th – TBC – Leader Sean O Carroll
- B Hill Walk: Sunday May 24th – Devils Mother Leader Paul Malony
- Ramble: May 31st- Killary Loop Walk – Leader Pat Moran
Leave the Omniplex at 10am and drive to Leenane where we make a brief stop to get everyone together.We meet in the big car park on the Westport road should arrive around 11am.
UPCOMING EVENTS IN THE GWC
Foreign Trip 2015 for Walking Club Members: Details for the trip abroad are now available. Destination is Sardinia and the booking form and details are here. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE TRIP IS NOW FULL.
Wednesday Evening Walk – Mary McCann will lead a few Wednesday evening walks for members beginning Wednesday May 20th. Meet at the Cathedral car park at 7.30pm. Walk will be for approximately an hour and a half.
Annual Club BBQ – Friday 26th June, Radisson Blu Hotel, Galway. More details later.
Island Weekend Away for Walking Club Members – Clare Island September 4th to 6th.
- NEW HILLWALK CATERGORY: C HILLWALKS: INTRODUCTION TO HILLWALKS for Club Members: For Members who would like to try out a Hillwalk but don’t yet feel ready to go out on the B Hillwalks. Next walk :- TBC
Galway Walking Club Annual Marathon and Half Marathon 2015
The registration brochure for the Annual Marathon and Half Marathon is now available for those wishing to participate in the marathon:
The marathon will take place on Saturday 08th August 2015.
- Pre-registration is required for both the Full and the Half Marathon. The registration fee for the full marathon and half marathon is €30.
- The registration form is available at the link below – Registration form for the Galway Walking Club 19th Annual Marathon and Half Marathon.
Table Quiz – Thanks to all who came along to support the table quiz in the Menlo Hotel on Thursday May 21st. A good night and plenty of funds raised.
That time of the year again to start thinking about the Canaries so we are looking for names for those interested in joining with us on our annual walking holiday to Gran Canaria 2016. The walks start on 22nd of January. If you intend to join us or you require further information please contact either Jerry Lalor at email@example.com Phone No. 087 215 3689 OR Liam Kenny at firstname.lastname@example.org Phone No. 086 818 8593.