Welcome to the website for the Galway Walking Club.
For people who are interested to join the club – please feel free to come along to our next meeting – details are below. Otherwise please have a look at the Joining the Club/Visitors Page and Walks Page which sets out our schedule for the year. Alternatively you can email our Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Galway Walking Club Marathon 2016 will take place Saturday August 6th.
As there will be no Ramble or hill walk on Sunday August 7th, the club would like your support in doing the walk on marathon day.
Download the Marathon Brochure here or from the Marathon menu item.
Next Club Meeting: 8:30pm Thursday, 4th August, 2016, Tonerys Bar, 98 Bohermore, Galway.
Next GWC Walks (see walks section for more details)
Ramble: Sunday 24th July. Mannin Loop Ballyconneely. Leader Patricia Fleming. Approx. 20km. Flat. 5 hours. Excellent walk with great views. (14km by the Atlantic and 6km by road.
Short Walk Mid-week – Wednesdays. (see walks section for more details) Wednesday 27th, July. Leader Mary McCann. Meet at Cathedral Carpark 7.20p.m. for 7.30p.m. departure. Wednesday 3rd August. Leader Matt Flesk. Meet at Cloonacauneen Castle Car Park 7.20p.m. for 7.30p.m. departure.
Short Walk: Sunday 31st July. Newquay. Leader Eileen Letsome. Meet at St Oliver Plunkett Church, Renmore, at 1.15 pm for departure at 1.30 pm. (For all the short walks if you intend to go directly to the start please contact the walk leader, as there may be late changes to walks).
- A Hillwalks. Summer break – no walk until August 21st.
- B Hillwalks. Sunday 31st July. No walk as it’s the August Bank Holiday weekend.
- C Hillwalks
– Saturday 23rd July. Kilkerrin mountain is situated in south Connemara with spectacular and stunning views.The walk takes 5 hours. Approx 400 hundred metres is the highest point. Meet at the car park at the back of Kelehans Pub, time 9.45 to leave at 10 a.m. Leader Jerry Lalor 0872153689.
– August 13th, Lackavrea, 396m, near Maam Cross. About 4 hours. Leader Paul Molony. August 27th, Roundstone. Leader Paul Molony.
– August 27th. Errisbeg, Roundstone and loop walk. About 4 hours. Bring swimwear if weather is good. Leader Paul Molony.
UPCOMING EVENTS IN GALWAY WALKING CLUB.
Island Week-end Away 2016 is Achill Island, staying at Achill Island Hotel. September 2nd and 3rd. (098)45138 the hotel. It will be a busy weekend in Achill so book soon. Details in ‘Club Activities->Weekends Away’.
The Week Away 2016 will be to Nerja in Spain, from 8th to 15th October. Details in ‘Club Activities’.
October Bank Holiday Weekend – Killarney. See page for more details.
First Aid Course will be on October 15th, 2016. See Training Information page.
Details of the 2016 Christmas Party are now available. See ‘Club Activities‘.
The January 2017 Puerto Rico (Gran Canaria) walks will commence on the 20th Jan and run until 25th Jan so anyone planning to go should arrange to be there not later than the 19th. For further details contact Liam Kenny 0868188593 email@example.com or
Jerry Lalor 0872153689 firstname.lastname@example.org