Welcome to the website for the Galway Walking Club.
For people who are interested to join the club – please feel free to come along to our next meeting – details are below. Otherwise please have a look at the Joining the Club/Visitors Page and Walks Page which sets out our schedule for the year. Alternatively you can email our Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Next Club Meeting: Thursday July 9th 2015 at 8.30pm in Tonerys Bar, Bohermore. All are welcome. People who are interested to join can come along and have a chat with club members on the night.
Next GWC Walks (see walks section for more details)
- A Hillwalk: Sunday July 5th – tbc – Leader tbc
- B Hill Walk: Sunday July 5th – Leenane Hill – Leader Fintan O’Meara
- Short Walk: Sunday July 5th – Inishmacatreer – Leader Monica Quinn
- Ramble: July 12th – Mannin Loop Ballyconneely- Leader Patricia Fleming.
- C Hill Walk: Saturday July 11th, Ben Lettery, Tom Reddington will lead, meet at Aquarium Car Park at 10.15 to leave at 10.30.
UPCOMING EVENTS IN THE GWC
Foreign Trip 2015 for Walking Club Members: Details for the trip abroad are now available. Destination is Sardinia and the booking form and details are here. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE TRIP IS NOW FULL.
Wednesday Evening Walks –
For July 8th Cappagh Park. Turn left at the end of the Western Distributor Road. Cappagh Park is 100 metres on the right.
Island Weekend Away for Walking Club Members – Clare Island September 18th to 20th. Accommodation listing on Club Activities Page.
October Bank Holiday Weekend:
Fri 23rd to Mon 26th Oct. Newport, Co. Mayo. Accommodation listing on Club Activities Page.
CHRISTMAS PARTY 2015: Diamond Coast Hotel, Enniscrone, Co Sligo on Saturday December 5th 2015.
Phone No 096 26000. Email email@example.com Website http://www.diamondcoast.ie
One evening meal (3 course with tea or coffee) in the Coral Restaurant plus entertainment in the main bar at 10pm.
– 2 night stay – 2BB& 1 Dinner – €90 per person based on 2 people sharing in a twin/double room
– 1 Night stay – 1 BB & 1 dinner – €70 per person based on 2 people sharing in a twin/double room
Single room supplement per night is €25.00, total for 2 nights €50.
Galway Walking Club Annual Marathon and Half Marathon 2015
The registration brochure for the Annual Marathon and Half Marathon is now available for those wishing to participate in the marathon:
The marathon will take place on Saturday 08th August 2015.
- Pre-registration is required for both the Full and the Half Marathon. The registration fee for the full marathon and half marathon is €30.
- The registration form is available at the link below – Registration form for the Galway Walking Club 19th Annual Marathon and Half Marathon.
That time of the year again to start thinking about the Canaries so we are looking for names for those interested in joining with us on our annual walking holiday to Gran Canaria 2016. The walks start on 22nd of January. If you intend to join us or you require further information please contact either Jerry Lalor at firstname.lastname@example.org Phone No. 087 215 3689 OR Liam Kenny at email@example.com Phone No. 086 818 8593.